One of the things everyone realised during the Covid-19 lockdown was how desperately they needed the dentist. Nobody likes that fuzzy and grimy feeling that you get on your teeth from a build up of plaque, and pretty much everyone realised how they do need to maintain their dental hygiene!
General dental hygiene
Whether you want a regular dental check up, teeth whitening, orthodontics, veneers, root canal or dental implants, visiting the dentist over this time of Covid-19 can be stressful. It is important that you choose the right Dubai dentist, one who follows all the protocols. You want to ensure that you go to a dentist where you are safe, and also, where the staff are safe. Let’s take a look at some of the dental protocols in place.
Dental protocols during Covid-19
- Appointments must be made in advance.
- Patients must complete a Covid-19 form prior to the appointment.
- If patients have been travelling, or exposed to Covid-19, they must quarantine prior to seeing the dentist.
- Patients and staff will have their temperatures taken.
- Patients and staff must wear masks.
- Hand sanitiser must be available in all dental clinics, in all rooms.
- Staff, including dentists, specialists and cleaners, must be tested regularly.
- Anyone with any exposure or signs of illness must stay home / be quarantined.
- Patient details must always be noted in case tracing needs to be done.
- Dentists in close quarters with patients must wear protective gear.
- All staff must maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing, between dentist and patient must be undertaken when possible.
- When social distancing is not possible, the dentist must be fully masked / correctly geared.
If you are having dental implants, or any dental issues, of course your dentists is going to be working with his or her hands in your mouth. In this case, just like going to a doctor, social distancing is possible. Your dentist must therefore take extreme measures with hygiene, masks and protective gear, to ensure that neither you, nor they, can transmit a disease.
A good Dubai dentist will always follow the strictest hygiene protocols. You and your dentist, especially if you are getting dental implants, are going to spend a bit of time together. You have the appointment, the assessment, the measuring and design, and then the fitting. It is imperative that this is all done correctly, professionally and safely. Saying that, Covid-19 is not a time to avoid the dentist or doctor. The longer you leave a necessary dental procedure, the worse your condition will become.
If you feel you need to get to your dentist, whether urgently or for a regular check-up, make the appointment now. The Covid-19 form is not a difficult one to complete, and your dentist will probably want it completed the day prior to your appointment. Thereafter, on arrival, they will take your temperature and ensure your safety. In Dubai we would recommend the American Medical and Dental Clinic, safe, professional and extremely hygienic.